Digipen Development Kit
A Development Kit version of the STABILO Digipen is available now. It targets universities, research institutes, schools and all programmers interested in exploring the potential of a sensor-equipped pen with their own algorithms and use-cases.
- Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity
- Two accelerometers, a gyroscope, a magnetometer and a force sensor at your disposal (more info on the hardware)
- Long-lasting battery (Rechargeable via USB)
- Ergonomic soft-touch grip zone
The parts of the pen are:
- Left side barrel.
- Right side barrel.
- Gripping part with soft grip zone.
- End part (slides on and snaps in place).
- USB socket cover, so you can take the end of the pen in your mouth without damaging the electronics.
- Light ring. This covers the three-color LED on the bottom of the pen.
- Ball point refill. It uses a very smooth ink. You’ll be impressed!
- Biasing spring. This keeps the refill biased against the force sensor.
- Battery contact spring. It also serves as an overload protection for the force sensor.
- Li-Ion Battery. It is of the 10440 type which is equivalent in size to an AAA alkaline battery.
- Sensor board. On the bottom are the MEMS which are at the heart of this pen.
- Processor board. From here the pen is controlled and connects with other devices.
DevKit – Scope of Supply:
- The Digipen
- An open-source Demo App to show connecting and streaming functionalities (including a tutorial)
- A handwriting recognition app to showcase the potential of the Digipen
Interested in purchasing a DevKit?
It’s 299€ per pen (net) with a possible price reduction for multiple purchases.
Note: Some of the functionality of our software is not supported on HUAWEI hardware.